Top Tips on Staying Safe in Public During the Pandemic
During this time, social distancing and self-isolation are the only ways to stay safe. There will be occasions, though, when you must leave your home. It could be to get some necessities or run a quick errand, and you need to be more careful during these times.
Follow These Suggestions
Sholom Chapel has put together this list of tips for staying safe in public during a pandemic:
- Maintain a 6-foot space from other people and, if possible, avoid enclosed settings like small rooms or packed elevators, as you may accidentally inhale the virus.
- People frequently touch doorknobs, handrails, merchandise, and other surfaces when they are out and about. You can dramatically lower your risk of catching the virus by avoiding touching your face, nose, and eyes.
- You should always wear a mask before going out. No clinical proof exists that masks guard against the COVID-19 virus. However, they might aid in restricting its transmission.
- Even if you leave the house, you must thoroughly wash your hands. Rinse them for a minimum of 20 seconds each time you wash them. Before leaving home or returning after errands, wash your hands frequently. Instead of using a hand sanitizer, clean your hands with ordinary soap and water, as it is more effective than using a sanitizer.
- Carry a hand sanitizer with you wherever you go and apply it on any surfaces or goods you come into contact with. Use it to sanitize your hands frequently when you are outside.
Follow these guidelines regardless of how many people are around you in a public location, as it will help keep you safer.
These are just a few suggestions for supporting grieving individuals while maintaining your social distance. If you need information about our funeral services and preplanning, please get in touch with Sholom Chapel.
Let Us Help You.
Please feel free to browse our pages to learn more about pre-planning a funeral and grief support, as well as the traditional funeral and cremation services that we have to offer. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at anytime, we are available by phone or e-mail, or drop by the office in person. We are always here to help.