What’s The Point Of A Funeral?
When someone passes away, the family members organize funeral services as a norm. They do this, so that family members and friends of the deceased get a chance to say their goodbyes properly. Since everyone meets at the funeral service, they can provide each other with some support as well. However, there are many other reasons why people conduct funerals:
- When we organize a funeral service, it gives us the time to reflect upon the meaning of life and the concept of death.
- It also helps us cherish the fact that we are alive, and it gives us hope to live as well.
- Different people conduct funeral services in different ways. But regardless of which cultural or racial group you belong to and what your traditions are, the key purpose of conducting a funeral does not change.
- It is also a time to celebrate the life of the person that has passed away.
- The funeral service and the days after it give family members the chance to come to terms with their grief and loss.
- All the events conducted during the funeral allow family members to express their feelings and sorrow and also reminiscence about the person that has passed.
- There are times when certain family members are unable to face the fact that the death has occurred. However, when you conduct a funeral service, it helps them come to terms with that fact.
As you can see, there are several reasons why people would conduct a funeral. Today, many people are opting for life of celebration ceremonies rather than a traditional funeral. You can organize a memorial service if you like as well. Regardless of how you conduct a funeral service and other related events, it is a time for healing and dealing with your loss.
If you want information about our services here at Thomas M. Gallagher Funeral Home, contact us via our online form or give us a call at 318-640-1375 today.
Does A Funeral Service Have To Be Held In A Funeral Home Or Church?
When I Bury Or Entomb Cremated Remains, Can I Keep A Separate Small Amount?
Can I Supply My Own Container For Cremated Remains?
We Personalize So Much in Our Lives, Why Should Our Funeral Be Any Different?
Making Sense Of Intense Emotions
Ways To Personalize Your Loved One's Gravesite
Can I Rent A Casket For A Ceremony/Gathering Before Cremation?
Can I Still Have A Gathering/Visitation/Service If I Choose Cremation?
Can I Scatter Cremated Remains On My Own Property?
Where Can I Scatter Cremated Remains?
Let Us Help You.
Please feel free to browse our pages to learn more about pre-planning a funeral and grief support, as well as the traditional funeral and cremation services that we have to offer. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at anytime, we are available by phone or e-mail, or drop by the office in person. We are always here to help.