Social Media Meets Funeral Service - The Pros And Cons
These days, just about everyone seems to have a Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram profile. They utilize these social media platforms to communicate with family and friends, trade information and stay connected with folks who reside in different towns, countries, or continents.
Social media has also revolutionized how people notify others of the demise of a loved one and express their grief. Gallagher Funeral Home has observed that these platforms have several benefits and drawbacks.
Social networking is a popular avenue for people to communicate. Incorporating these platforms further into the funeral and mourning process has many benefits. Some of these benefits include the following:
- Spreading Information - You can inform individuals you know about the death of a close friend or family member with a simple message. Your internet connections will pass the information and post messages of condolence. This is more efficient and practical than notifying each person via phone or email.
- Notifying Unknown Business Connections - You may be oblivious of your beloved one's contacts and acquaintances. When you post such news via social media, you ensure that it reaches everyone in the departed individual's circle, guaranteeing that nobody is forgotten.
- Create a Memorial Page - You can create a memorial page on platforms such as Facebook. That is an excellent approach to honor a beloved one's life on a digital platform. As social networking is a global system, you can immediately connect with anyone, regardless of their location.
Regrettably, these platforms have a few disadvantages that you should consider before using them for this intent:
- Some people believe that posting a tribute or informing people of a deceased family member on social media is insensitive.
- The previous generation isn't as technologically adept and does not use digital platforms and they may miss the news.
- Some pieces of information on these platforms are personal or intimate. The post may grab the attention of strangers and trolls.
For details about our funeral services, please call Gallagher Funeral Home at 318-640-1375. Our experienced and professional funeral director and staff members are proactive and provide you with all the required information to preplan your funeral service.
Let Us Help You.
Please feel free to browse our pages to learn more about pre-planning a funeral and grief support, as well as the traditional funeral and cremation services that we have to offer. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at anytime, we are available by phone or e-mail, or drop by the office in person. We are always here to help.