Coping With Grief When You Have a Chronic Illness
Chronic illnesses seldom are cured, and in some cases, they might linger for years or even forever. People's capacity to work and maintain active or "normal" lives might vary in intensity. If a person has a severe chronic illness, they may be forced to stay at home. Gallagher Funeral Home experts have noticed that many chronically unwell people are also unhappy and melancholy.
Coping Mechanisms For Grief
The following are a few methods for coping with this grief:
- Acceptance is the key to managing chronic pain. Accept it is as is, and don't try to change it. You'll be able to see where you were and where you now are as you learn about your grief journey.
- Remind yourself that you're not alone going through this. Make an effort to talk to a trusted friend or expert therapist about how you feel and what you need.
- If you're suffering from sorrow because of your illness, you may find it helpful to concentrate on coping with it and managing and dealing with your condition.
- Attempt to keep your stress levels under control.
- Keep a diary of your daily activities to monitor your physical and emotional well-being.
- Keep yourself entertained and upbeat as much as possible.
- These methods can help you healthily deal with grief. It is important to remember that approaches used by others may not necessarily work for you. Decide on the appropriate course of action to pursue in light of your current circumstances and then go about it.
These are some pointers for coping with grief when you have a chronic illness. Determine which method works for you and follow it religiously. For details about our funeral services, please call Gallagher Funeral Home at 318-640-1375. Our experienced and professional funeral director and staff members are proactive and provide you with all the required information to preplan your funeral service.
Let Us Help You.
Please feel free to browse our pages to learn more about pre-planning a funeral and grief support, as well as the traditional funeral and cremation services that we have to offer. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at anytime, we are available by phone or e-mail, or drop by the office in person. We are always here to help.