Easy Ways to Personalize a Funeral Service on a Budget
A funeral can be a costly affair and sometimes, families struggle to meet these costs. If you want to plan a personalized funeral service without spending significant amounts of money on it, here are some tips.
Ideas For Planning a Personalized Funeral Service
These ideas and simple and cost-effective and help lend a unique touch to the funeral service. Some things to do include the following:
- Plan the service theme based on what your loved one preferred. If they liked certain colors or music, you can play that at the service.
- Place memorabilia around the casket. It can bring back special memories and is a great way to personalize the event.
- Light aromatic candles to set the mood, you can use subtle lighting to create a soothing ambiance.
- If you prefer incense or aromas, light or spray those at the venue.
- You can also include some photos, videos, and other visual features to recreate all those special moments that you shared with your loved one.
- Some people also create a slideshow and include milestone photos or snippets in it.
- Another way to personalize the service is to serve foods that the decedent particularly liked. It’s a good way to pay tribute to the person.
- Ask close family members to share their thoughts and memories of the time spent with the deceased. It will help make the event memorable and special.
You can do many different things to add a special touch to the service without breaking the bank. The funeral director can also provide you with some details and ideas that you can use for that day.
The Gallagher Funeral Home team is here to help you with all the information and services you need to plan a truly personal funeral service. If you want to know more about Cremations, Memorial Services, or funerals contact us at 318-640-1375.
Let Us Help You.
Please feel free to browse our pages to learn more about pre-planning a funeral and grief support, as well as the traditional funeral and cremation services that we have to offer. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at anytime, we are available by phone or e-mail, or drop by the office in person. We are always here to help.